by Jeff Christian

24 September 2011

Exit One Mile Ahead

Dear Blog, It's been a month since my last confession. For the second time, I am stepping away from you for a while. You served me well, and evidently you served some others well as... well. (Sorry. That last line sounded cheesier than I had hoped.)


A number of years ago, "The Empty Pulpit," was put on the backburner. I had just returned from one of those life-changing trips that shifted my view of just about everything. At the time I bought into ministry as maintenance, and found myself going through a system-maintaining set of motions that had very little to do with ministering in the name of Jesus. I had to rethink why I was in ministry, thought about getting out, but stayed in. I'm glad I did.

Then, over the past few months, our life in Houston has settled into a wonderful new set of motions that includes a healthy mixture of work and play. In fact, it is so good at this moment that work and play blur in such a way that it never has before now. Unfortunately, "The Empty Pulpit" has been a place for me to sort through the tension that arises when the blur is not so blurry. Likewise, many of the readers have felt that same tension, and have found a waypoint here.

But now, some other things are taking up my attention. Family. Teen/Tween kids. Bering. Gypsys. So for now, "The Empty Pulpit" is going dormant so that I can focus on some other writing projects, as well as life in general.

To you, O faithful bloggerland reader, thanks for coming along for the ride. Perhaps there will be an entry ramp farther on down the road. Until then...

Facebook Badge