by Jeff Christian

28 April 2011

It's Time To Get Up

Easter Sunday morning, just days ago. Then Monday. Tuesday. Wednesday. Each of the four mornings was filled with sleep until the sound of the Timex watch alarm on my bedside table gently chirping. Until this morning. Once again, 5:15 in the dark a.m., and the not-so-tired eyes popped open.

During those weeks of Lent, sleep was evidently not high on God's priority list for me. It was as though God roused me each morning to pray with a tender bullhorn. Get up. Time to pray. Time to read. Time to be quiet. Listen.

But I have to admit, these past few days have been days of lazy prayer. Other than the occasional "Thank you God for my sandwich"--(and trust me, I am thankful)--the prayers have been less. It has been an anticlimactic past few days.

Until this morning.

In a most simple way, I am reminded today that just because a special season has past, we are not dismissed from our daily cravings for God. Perhaps this is just a wake-up call for me, but I know how easy it is to get routine in my faith, even when I read the Bible every day, even when I pray.

I guess that's it. That's all for today. Don't forget to pray. Brush your teeth. Eat your vegetables. Remember our Creator, the one true and living God.

Facebook Badge