by Jeff Christian

01 April 2010

Clarity

The Neutral Zone Participle Vision Quest – Day 32 (Last Day)

So it’s Thursday. Last day of the neutral zone. Tomorrow=Houston.

I love what I do. I love who I am. I do ministry alongside people who long to honor Jesus’ original mission; I get to be a person who is always being shaped in the image and likeness of Christ, someone who is hopefully more today than I was yesterday, though thanks be to God for the grace I have already received. The good news of this coming weekend is simply the opportunity to proclaim the good news, not just in preaching, but in a life immersed in a deeper shot at redemption. That was true for me personally at Noodle, Munday, Paris, Tyler, and now Houston. That has been true of every church where I’ve guest preached, whether New Hampshire, Camp Deer Run, or East Africa.

I love what I do. I love that so much of life with the church is dependent upon our own imaginations, daring to dream the dreams of God as each day he gives us the opportunity to participate with him in the act of creation. Reminds me of what Antoine de Saint-Exupéry once wrote:

“A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man
contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.”


Funny. Now that this particular vision quest comes to an end, this neutral zone when I have tried to embrace a participle existence, I come to this end toward a new beginning with this supremely profound observation:

“There is a God, He is alive, in Him we live, and we survive.”

Facebook Badge