by Jeff Christian

24 March 2010

I'm on Fire

The Neutral Zone Participle Vision Quest - Day 24

I'm on fire. Preachers have a feeling steeped in an ancient prophet that if we go without preaching and teaching it sets our bones on fire. It hurts. The simple act of proclaiming the everlasting promises of God is necessary for our survival. It's like water, water that puts out the fire.

At least for a while.

I have ten more days before I step back into a pulpit, a pulpit I am honored to fill where men and women have stood for years to tell the truth to others who hunger and thirst for righteousness. Ten days. Seems like ten years away.

I sat this morning for a long time putting the finishing touches on the sermon. Cannot wait to stand before my new gathering of the saints to tell them this good news from 1 Peter 2:

But you are a chosen people,
a royal priesthood,
a holy nation,
God's special possession,
that you may declare the praises of him
who called you out of darkness
into his wonderful light.
Once you were not a people,
but now you are the people of God;
once you had not received mercy,
but now you have received mercy.


Try keeping something like that to yourself for a month. It burns.

Facebook Badge